In addition to caring for the flock of chickens, gaggle of geese, colony of bees, and expanding gardens, Kirsten spends her free time doing freelance writing projects, sharing the knowledge and information she’s learned through her farming experiences. Here are links to some of her featured pieces:
- Are Geese Right for My Farm?, Hobby Farms, Aug. 2015
- Store-Bought Eggs vs. Farm-Fresh Eggs, Hobby Farms, Aug. 2015
- Five Things You Didn’t Know About Top Bar Hives, Hobby Farms, Sept. 2015
- Keeping the Peace in a Mixed-Species Flock, Hobby Farms, Dec. 2015
- Winter Care for Water Fowl, Hobby Farms, Jan. 2016
Kirsten is also a weekly blogger at Mother Earth News online. Her profile can be seen here, along with a list of all previous posts. She posts weekly entries there on a variety of topics including goose care and history, chicken keeping, and gardening.
If you are interested in a piece for your publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.